Minutes 04 December 2017

Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:30PM on Monday 4th December 2017 at Wychbold Village Hall, School Road, Wychbold, WR9 7PU

Minutes

Present: Alyson Keane (Chair), Suzanne Shinn, Jo Lammas, Sean Mulvey, Adam Joynes, James Leah, Lady Anne Judge, Mike Jones, Doug Webb (from 8:08PM)
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Hugh Hamilton (District Councillor), David Miles (Lengthsman), Stephen Turner (Parish Paths Warden), members of the public

1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Peter Tomlinson (County Councillor).

2. Declarations of interest
Cllr Webb declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest in item 9.1.

3. Dispensations
Nil received.

4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 6th November 2017
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chair.

5. Progress reports:

1. A38 traffic issues and speed limit
A written update had been provided by Peter Tomlinson. It was noted that Highways England had identified an issue with the signal loops at the A38/M5 traffic island and that this had been corrected. It was hoped that traffic flow would be improved but further feedback was requested.

It was agreed to ask for a representative of Highways England to attend a future meeting of the Parish Council.

2. Website
It was noted that the new website was up and running.

3. Crutch Lane flooding
It was noted that the County Council were looking to send a jetter to survey the location. It was agreed to contact the County Council to report carriageway flooding at Coley Pits Lane (50 m down from Kingsland House).

4. School building work
It was confirmed that the building materials and equipment had been removed from the village hall car park. There was an outstanding issue with a drain that had been damaged by builders working at the school.

6. Open Session:
The meeting was adjourned for the public open session.

1. To receive a report by the District Councillor
Hugh Hamilton confirmed that Civil Enforcement Officers were visiting the area to undertake parking enforcement.

An Air Quality Management Area had been declared in the parish and Worcester Regulatory Services would like to come to a future meeting to canvas opinions.

2. To receive a report by the County Councillor
A written report was circulated to councillors.

3. To receive a report by the Police
A written report was circulated to councillors.

4. Public participation
Members of the public raised concerns with the level of noise generated by Liberty Leisure, it was felt that complaints to Worcester Regulatory Services had not resulted in any improvement. There were further concerns at light pollution from the site. Hugh Hamilton agreed to look into these matters. It was agreed that the Clerk would contact Liberty Leisure to arrange a meeting.

The meeting recommenced following the public open session.

7. Co-option
It was noted that there were three vacancies on the Parish Council.

8. Liberty Leisure
The matter was discussed during the public open session.

9. Planning:

1. 17/02113/FUL – The Wychbold Surgery, De Wyche Road, Wychbold, Droitwich Spa, WR9 7PN. New entrance porch and front elevation alterations together with minor modifications.
No objections were raised by the Parish Council.

2. 17/02275/FUL – Mill Lane Farm, Mill Lane, Wychbold, Droitwich Spa, WR9 0DD. Removal of agricultural occupancy condition – condition 2 of planning permission 1/83.
The Parish Council object to the proposal as it was felt that further development at this location would be inappropriate. It would be queried if there would be any impact on the nearby public right of way.

10. Lengthsman
David Miles, Dodderhill Parish Lengthsman, attended the meeting and provided an update on the role and work that had been undertaken in the parish.

11. Public Rights of Way
Steve Turner, Parish Paths Warden, attended the meeting and provided an update on the role, work that had been undertaken and work that would be required in future. It was noted that it was a voluntary position and that responsibility for the public right of way network still resided with the County Council.

It was suggested that the purchase of a strimmer would be useful and allow further work to be undertaken. The Clerk would make enquiries to see if the use of the Parish Council’s strimmer would be possible.

12. Fencing
It was agreed to use Parish Council reserves to fund new security fencing around the village hall, three quotes were considered and it was agreed to use First Fencing.

13. Notice boards
Cllr Mulvey agreed to look at replacing the perspex screen on the village hall notice board.

14. Policy
The Parish Council agreed and adopted an Equal Opportunities Policy.

15. Village Hall Committee
An update was given on the activities of the Village Hall Committee.
• New quotes were being obtained for the cleaning contract.
• The Hall Masters booking system was being adopted.

16. Playing Field Improvements
A brief update was given on the proposed playing field improvements. It was confirmed that the project would now be tackled in stages.

17. Finance:

1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £1063.83
2. Clerk tax refund – £460.99
3. Stoulton Groundcare (grass cutting) – £162.54
4. B Clean Services (village hall cleaning) – £180.00
5. Martin Hill (inspections) – £ 40.00
6. David Miles (Lengthsman) – £180.00
7. Maureen Addy (caretaker) – £100.00
8. Maureen Addy (handyman) – £85.00
9. Water Plus (village hall) – £108.80
10. Npower (village hall gas) – £139.40
11. Eyelid Productions (website and hosting) – £630.00
All of the above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.

12. To consider using Direct Debit for Water Plus payments (village hall water supply).
It was agreed to defer setting up a direct debit payment.

13. To consider and approve the bank reconciliation.
The bank reconciliation was approved and signed by the Chair.

18. Councillors’ reports and Items for the next agenda
The following items were agreed for the next agenda:
• Replacement/additional CCTV cameras
• Tree/vegetation clearance by village hall
• Social media policy
• Neighbourhood Development Plans (Andy Ford to give a presentation)

19. Date of the next meeting
The next meeting of the Parish Council would be at 7:30PM on Thursday 4th January 2018.