Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:30PM on Monday 5th February 2018 at Wychbold Village Hall, School Road, Wychbold, WR9 7PU
Present: Alyson Keane (Chair), James Leah, Sean Mulvey, Adam Joynes, Mike Jones
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Hugh Hamilton (District Councillor), Mark Cox (Wychavon District Council), Richard Williams (Wychavon District Council), Laura Carradine (Wychavon District Council), members of the public.
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Doug Webb, Lady Anne Judge, Suzanne Shinn, Jo Lammas and Peter Tomlinson (County Councillor).
2. Declarations of interest
James Leah declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 10.0 – Wychbold Primary consultation.
4. To receive a briefing by Wychavon District Council on Air Quality Management
Representatives of Worcestershire Regulatory Services provided an update on Air Quality Management. Worcester Road, Wychbold, had been declared an Air Quality Management Area due to unacceptable levels of Nitrogen Dioxide. Further research would be undertaken to identify the root causes of the problem and look at potential mitigation measures. A question and answer session followed.
Specific concern was raised regarding displaced traffic from the M5/M42 using the A38 through the village; it was confirmed that further enquiries would be made with Highways England.
It was queried whether recent housing developments had worsened the situation; it was confirmed that reports undertaken at the time had indicated that the impact on air quality would be minimal.
Concern was raised regarding harmful particulates; it was confirmed that these were not monitored specifically, but it was hoped that reducing Nitrogen Dioxide levels would also reduce the level of particulates.
A regular update from Worcestershire Regulatory Services was requested.
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 4th January 2018.
It was noted under agenda item 18 that external locks would be changed. Otherwise the minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chair.
6. Progress reports:
1. Liberty Leisure noise and light pollution issues
The Leisure Centre had refused a meeting with the Parish Council but it was understood that they were looking to reduce the noise and light pollution issues.
There was a high level of rubbish on site and there was concern that this could lead to a rat infestation, Hugh Hamilton agreed to look into this.
2. Youth Club
It was noted that Peter Tomlinson had previously agreed a donation to the Youth Club and this would be clarified.
3. Playing Field tree / vegetation clearance
A quote had been requested from Stoulton Groundcare.
The requested grit bin refilling had not been undertaken and this would be taken up with Broad Street DIY.
AA Salt Services would be contacted regarding snow clearance / gritting of the village hall car park in future.
7. Open Session:
The meeting was adjourned for the public open session.
1. To receive a report by the District Councillor
Hugh Hamilton had been looking into various planning issues raised by the Parish Council.
It was confirmed that Wychavon District Council do take planning restrictions on the ‘green belt’ very seriously but there are occasionally applications that come under permitted development.
2. To receive a report by the County Councillor
Peter Tomlinson was not in attendance but a written report had been circulated for the meeting.
3. To receive a report by the Police
A written report was circulated.
4. Public participation
Representatives from the Wychbold Football Club were in attendance. There was a discussion on the arrangements for using the village hall and playing field.
The meeting resumed following the public open session.
1. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)
It was noted that Upton Warren Parish Council were not now looking to pursue an NDP.
Andy Ford (Wychavon District Council) would give a presentation at the March parish council meeting to discuss the NDP process.
2. 17/02606/LB – Chateau Impney Hotel, Impney, Droitwich Spa, WR9 0BN. Repairs to and replacement of roof covering and associated roof level features.
No objections were raised.
9. Velo Birmingham
Worcestershire County Council had confirmed that the Velo route would not go through Worcestershire for at least the next two years.
10. Wychbold Primary
The parish council considered proposals for Wychbold First and Nursery School to become an Academy and join the Rivers C of E Academy Trust and were supportive of the proposals.
11. Dog fouling signs
The parish council would review the need for ‘dog fouling’ signs and the matter would be tabled for further discussion at a future meeting.
The drain at the top of Church Lane was still blocked and this would be referred to the Lengthsman for attention.
13. Public Rights of Way
A short update had been provided by the Parish Paths Warden regarding potentially obstructed Public Rights of Way.
14. Village Hall Car Park
Improvements to the car park would be incorporated into Phase 1 of the S106 Playing Field Improvements.
15. Parish Council forward plan
A forward plan was discussed, immediate priorities were:
• S106 Playing Field Improvements – Phase 1 (Children’s play area and car park)
• Village Hall locks and additional external storage
• Neighbourhood Development Plan
16. Village Hall Committee
An update was received on the activities of the village hall committee.
Improvements to the meeting room were being undertaken. Use of the room would be charged at £8 per hour.
17. Playing Field Improvements
A steering group meeting would be scheduled to progress the plans for the playing field.
1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £1059.38
2. HM Revenue and Customs (PAYE) – £85.67
3. Maureen Addy (caretaker) – £106.00
4. Maureen Addy (handyman) – £90.99
5. Martin Hill (inspections) – £40.00
6. Anne Judge (expenses) – £35.00
7. David Miles (Lengthsman) – £180.00
8. B Clean Services (re-issue of cheque 102130) – £144.00
9. B Clean Services (VH cleaning) – £108.00
10. YMCA (Youth Club donation) – £1,808.33
All of the above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
11. To note Direct Debit payment to BT for phone services – £68.16
12. To note emergency payment of £101.88 to Alyson Keane 04/01/18 for expenses.
13. To note transferal of Direct Debit instruction for Npower to Wychbold Village Hall 17/01/18.
14. To note transferal of Direct Debit instruction for Water Plus to Wychbold Village Hall 17/01/18.
15. To note closure of DPC Nationwide Account and subsequent transfer of £17,712.65 to DPC HSBC Account.
The above payments and transfers were noted.
16. To confirm register of land, buildings and assets.
Councillors would liaise with the Clerk regarding land, buildings and assets owned by the Parish Council.
19. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
The following items were requested for future agendas:
• Air Quality Management (regular update)
• Presentation by Andy Ford (Wychavon District Council) on the Neighbourhood Development Plan process
• Signatory access to bank account
20. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled meeting of the parish council is at 7:30PM Monday 5th March 2018.
The meeting closed at 22:12PM