Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:30PM on Monday 5th March 2018 at Wychbold Village Hall, School Road, Wychbold, WR9 7PU
Present: Alyson Keane (Chair), Mike Jones, Doug Webb, Sean Mulvey, James Leah, Jo Lammas, Suzanne Shinn
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Hugh Hamilton (District Councillor), Peter Tomlinson (County Councillor)
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Adam Joynes.
It was noted that Lady Anne Judge had resigned.
It was noted that Helen Leadbeater forfeits her office through failure to attend meetings within a six month period.
2. Declarations of interest
4. Open session:
The meeting was adjourned for the public open session.
1. To receive a report by the District Councillor
Hugh Hamilton provided a report:
• Investigations into illegal signs on the A38 were being undertaken.
• Investigations into the caravan sited at Crown Lane were ongoing.
It was agreed that the Clerk would contact Worcestershire Regulatory Services to suggest the relocation of the truck stop to a site south of the A38/M5 traffic island to reduce congestion and improve air quality through the village.
2. To receive a report by the County Councillor
Peter Tomlinson provided a report:
• A meeting had been convened with Nigel Huddleston MP to raise issues with Highways England.
• The planning enforcement system was being reviewed at a national level.
• A ‘top five’ report was circulated.
• The Velo cycling event would not take place in Worcestershire for the foreseeable future.
3. To receive a report by the Police
A Police report was circulated.
4. Public participation
No questions were received.
The meeting resumed following the public open session.
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 5th February 2018.
It was confirmed that it should be Worcestershire Regulatory Services and not Wychavon District Council that were investigating the air quality issues (agenda item 4). Otherwise the minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chair.
6. Progress reports:
Notices would be prepared for the vacancies of Lady Anne Judge and Helen Leadbeater. This would leave a total of five vacancies on the Parish Council.
2. Youth Club
Peter Tomlinson agreed a donation to support Wychbold Youth Club, a report on attendance was requested.
It was noted that the hire fees for the village hall had increased and these were approved. It was agreed to request that the Youth Club would open for term time only, with a ‘holiday club’ for the quieter school holiday periods.
3. Playing field tree / vegetation clearance
Stoulton Groundcare had prepared a quote for various tree and vegetation clearance works at the playing field, totalling £1600.00 plus VAT. The quote was approved and it was agreed to pursue these works as soon as possible.
4. Highways England street lighting issues
Enquiries were ongoing with Highways England regarding faulty streetlights at the A38/M5 junction.
5. Boundary between Wychbold Hall and DPC grounds
It was confirmed that Wychavon District Council were investigating the outstanding planning obligations.
6. Dog fouling signs
This matter would be deferred to the next meeting for consideration.
Correspondence had been received from a member of the public regarding speeding / traffic safety concerns on the A38 in the 50mph limit near the Alms Houses.
Peter Tomlinson agreed to review the appropriateness of the speed limit at this location with officers at Worcestershire County Council.
It was agreed to contact the Safer Roads Partnership regarding the Community Speed Watch initiative.
1. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)
It was agreed to defer any decision on this until the next meeting.
2. 18/00251/FUL – 1 Astwood Villa, Astwood Lane, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, B60 4BB. Conversion and extension of storage building to residential.
It was agreed to object to this proposed development as it is felt that conversion of an outbuilding for residential use was not appropriate.
3. 18/00178/HP – 32 Pear Tree Way, Wychbold, WR9 7JW. Single storey rear extension to detached double garage, front wall pushed back to create cantilevered canopy roof.
4. 18/00371/HP Associated Ref:18/00372/LB – Mill House, Mill Lane, Wychbold, Droitwich Spa, WR9 0DD. Removal of flat roof 1980 extension and erection of single storey rear extension.
5. Highways England’s storage yard, A38
Hugh Hamilton had investigated the matter and it was confirmed that all relevant permissions were in place for this site.
9. Playing field / playground:
1. To consider maintenance of the playground equipment
It was agreed to pursue the bare minimum of repair work in order to remedy some of the more urgent issues with the playground.
2. To consider purchase of additional safety signs
The purchase of additional safety signs for the playground was approved.
3. To consider voluntarily registering the playing field with the Land Registry
It was agreed to register the playing field with the Land Registry.
The placement and direction of the CCTV equipment was considered and changes to increase coverage were agreed.
New contracts would be sent for the 2018/19 fiscal year, prices would be kept the same as previous years. An invite to form a working group would be included with the paperwork.
It was agreed to defer a decision on this until the August council meeting.
1. To consider the work schedule for the month ahead.
The detritus resulting from drainage clearance had not been properly disposed of and this would be taken up with the Lengthsman.
2. To consider the purchase of a strimmer for use by the Lengthsman
It was agreed to defer a decision on this until a future meeting.
14. Public Rights of Way
No issues were reported.
The Parish Council agreed to take ownership of the three defibrillators in the parish (one by Holiday Inn, one on the doctor’s surgery and one as yet uninstalled). The purchase cost would be confirmed and these items would be added to the asset and risk registers.
16. Village Hall Committee
An update was given on the village hall.
17. Playing field improvements
An update was provided by the Steering Group. An application for the March 2018 Localism Panel was being prepared. Work on the detailed design was ongoing.
1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £633.25
2. HM Revenue and Customs (PAYE) – £85.65
3. Worcestershire County Council Pension Fund (in arrears) – £2309.84
4. Maureen Addy (handyman) – £85.00
5. Martin Hill (inspections) – £40.00
6. David Miles (Lengthsman) – £180.00
7. Worcestershire CALC (training) – £10.00
8. Worcestershire CALC (training) – £90.00
9. Wychbold Village Hall (room hire) – £260.00
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
10. To consider a donation to Wychbold Village Hall Committee to allow the purchasing of new door locks.
Quote for replacement locks / keys were still being pursued and so a decision would be deferred to a future meeting.
11. To consider and approve a Risk Schedule.
The risk schedule was considered and agreed.
19. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
• Complaints had been received regarding litter on the playing field following use of the football pitch.
• Concern was raised at the inconsistent opening hours of the post office; this would be added to a future agenda for consideration.
20. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council is at 7:30PM on Tuesday 3rd April 2018.
The meeting closed at 22:04PM.