Meeting of the Parish Council held at 7:00PM on Monday 19th June 2017 at Wychbold Community Centre, School Road, Wychbold, WR9 7PU
Present: Alyson Keane (Chair), Sean Mulvey, Doug Webb, Mike Jones, Joanne Lammas
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), Hugh Hamilton (District Councillor), member of the public
1. Election of a Chairman
Cllr Keane was nominated for Chairman by Cllr Jones and seconded by Cllr Lammas and was elected unanimously.
It was agreed to review the need for a Vice-Chair at a future meeting.
2. Apologies for absence
Apologies received from Cllr Judge, Cllr Shinn and Peter Tomlinson (County Councillor).
3. Declarations of Interest
5. Casual vacancies
An update was given on the six casual vacancies on the Parish Council. Two applications had been received from Helen Leadbeater and Adam Joynes and it was unanimously resolved to co-opt both onto the Parish Council. Declarations of Acceptance of Office were duly signed and Cllr Leadbeater and Cllr Joynes joined the meeting.
6. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on 5th June 2017
The minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
7. Open Session:
1. Public participation
A member of the public reported the chalk marks on the walls of the village hall and it was agreed to raise this with the Youth Club and ask that the marks were cleaned off.
It was suggested that a contact sheet would be useful for all Councillors, the Clerk would arrange this.
8. S106 Playing Field Improvements
1. To consider the setting up of a Steering Group and Working Groups
It was agreed to refer to this project as ‘Playing Field Improvements’.
There was a discussion on the format of the proposed steering group(s) and it was resolved to have one or two large steering groups with a number of smaller working groups to look at individual elements and funding.
A meeting would be arranged with relevant parties at Wychavon District Council and Worcestershire County Council to refine the options going forward.
It was agreed to hold the first meeting for the new steering group(s) on Monday 26th June at 7:30PM at the Village Hall. Any recommendations coming from this meeting would be discussed at the next full meeting of the Parish Council.
2. To consider Bellinger Design fee proposal £5820.00
3. To consider Bellinger Design budget estimate £522.00
It was agreed that the Clerk would send the fee proposal documents to all Councillors so that these could be given further consideration.
It was agreed to defer a decision on this matter and add items 2 and 3 to next agenda.
1. Suzanne Shinn (Handyman payment) £85.00
2. Suzanne Shinn (Caretaker payment) £100.00
3. Martin Hill £40.00
4. Stoulton Groundcare £325.08
All above payments were agreed by the Council.
5. Notification of emergency payment of £245.00 to Steve Bourton paid 05/06/17
The above payment was noted.
6. To arrange signing of bank mandate forms
The forms were signed to add additional signatories to the Parish Council’s bank account.
7. To consider the independent internal auditors report
The internal auditors report was noted. There were no recommendations to implement.
8. To consider approval of Annual Governance Statement for the External Auditor
The Annual Governance Statements were considered individually. All statements were agreed in the affirmative and the Statement was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
9. To consider approval of Statement of Accounts for the External Auditor
The Statement of Accounts was considered and agreed by the Council and was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
10. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
The following items would be added to the next agenda for consideration:
- Village Hall – Parish Council representation on committee
- Grass cutting
- A38 and its use as a diversion route by Highways England
- Bellinger Design fee proposal
11. Date of the next meeting
The next meeting of the Parish Council would be Monday 3rd July at 7:30PM.