Website for Dodderhill Parish Council
The parish council usually meet at 7:30pm on the 2nd Tuesday of every month (NB please check the time on the Agenda for the meeting you wish to attend). Everyone is welcome to attend and listen to the proceedings. There is a public open session at each meeting to allow members of the public to question the council and this is followed by formal council business.
There are thirteen voluntary councillors and one professional Parish Clerk. If a vacancy occurs on the council then it is normally advertised via the notice boards, website and magazine. If you would like to join and help build our community please come along to a meeting or contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
What does Dodderhill Parish Council do?
Dodderhill Parish Council is a small local authority that represents the first level of local government. As it is the authority closest to the people, parish councils are invariably the first place people will go with concerns or ideas and for this reason they are a vital part of any community.
Parish councils have a wide range of powers, duties and responsibilities which are essentially related to local matters. Here are just some of Dodderhill Parish Council’s responsibilities:
- Owns and maintains the playing fields and open space around Wychbold Village Hall, including the children’s play area and multi-use games court.
- Owns Wychbold Village Hall.
- Provides and maintains the bus shelters and litter/dog waste bins.
- Employs a Lengthsman, as part of the County Council Lengthsman Scheme, to carry out extra maintenance around the village. This may include the cleaning of signs, clearing of drains and removal of vegetation from public areas and footpaths.
- Comments on all planning applications in the parish. Wychavon District Council then makes the final decision, taking into account our views along with the planning rules and regulations.
Where do Parish Councils get their funding?
- Each year the council raises a ‘precept’ on council tax payers to cover the cost of running expenses.
- By applying for project-specific grants (for example Lottery funding, Lengthsman Scheme, Local Authority grants).
- Via the levy imposed on some types of building development (known as Section 106 funding). This money can only be spent on specific projects as set out in each planning agreement.
Latest News Items
NOTICE OF ELECTION Wychavon District Council Election of Councillors for the Town / Parish (Wards) listed below Town / Parish (Ward) Number of Parish Councillor to be elected Dodderhill Parish Council One 1. Nomination papers must be delivered by hand to the Returning Officer at The Elections Office, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth […]
Please refer to following link for full details: https://dodderhillparishcouncil.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Notice-of-Publice-Rights-and-Publication-of-Unaudited-Annual-Governance-31-March-2021.pdf
A covid risk assessment for the purposes of holding the next parish council meeting has been carried out, the maximum covid compliant capacity numbers has been identified below. Should the meeting room reach maximum capacity, members of the public will be able to attend the meeting via zoom. Possible venues to accommodate: 13 Parish Councillors, […]
PARISH OF DODDERHILL – NOTICE OF VACANCY IN OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Parish Council. If by 15 June, 2021 (14 days excluding Dies Non, after the date of this notice) a request for an election to fill said vacancy […]
PUBLIC NOTICE ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14 (AS AMENDED) WORCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL NOTICE OF THE CLOSURE OF COLLEY PITS LANE, DODDERHILL, WORCESTERSHIRE (“THE HIGHWAY”) Reason for restriction: Installation of Kerbs /Carriageway Patching. There is a need to close the highway in the following terms: – 1. The effect of this Notice is […]
Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice is hosting the annual ‘Ride the Reservoir’ cycle sportive through the Worcestershire countryside on Sunday 18th July (subject to the ‘roadmap’ dates remaining as proposed). The route will pass through Dodderhill. Plesae see details of the event and the approximate timings as well as outlining the arrangements in terms of route […]
Vacancy for Members of the Independent Remuneration Panel Are you interested in how Local Government works and what Councillors are paid? We are seeking applications from people living or working within the following Local Government areas – Bromsgrove, Malvern Hills, Redditch, Worcester, or Wychavon to fill vacancies on the Independent Remuneration Panel. The Panel recommends […]