Public Meeting Nature Networks The Legacy Grant Application for 2021 is based around the Orchard, the woodland habitat and recreational area borders. It is also planned to regenerate the old enclosed play area to a petanque court (french bowls) for families to use.
Website for Dodderhill Parish Council
The parish council usually meet at 7:30pm on the 1st Monday of every month via Zoom (NB please check the time on the Agenda for the meeting you wish to attend). Everyone is welcome to attend and listen to the proceedings. There is a public open session at each meeting to allow members of the public to question the council and this is followed by formal council business.
There are thirteen voluntary councillors and one professional Parish Clerk. If a vacancy occurs on the council then it is normally advertised via the notice boards, website and magazine. If you would like to join and help build our community please come along to a meeting or contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
What does Dodderhill Parish Council do?
Dodderhill Parish Council is a small local authority that represents the first level of local government. As it is the authority closest to the people, parish councils are invariably the first place people will go with concerns or ideas and for this reason they are a vital part of any community.
Parish councils have a wide range of powers, duties and responsibilities which are essentially related to local matters. Here are just some of Dodderhill Parish Council’s responsibilities:
- Owns and maintains the playing fields and open space around Wychbold Village Hall, including the children’s play area and multi-use games court.
- Owns Wychbold Village Hall.
- Provides and maintains the bus shelters and litter/dog waste bins.
- Employs a Lengthsman, as part of the County Council Lengthsman Scheme, to carry out extra maintenance around the village. This may include the cleaning of signs, clearing of drains and removal of vegetation from public areas and footpaths.
- Comments on all planning applications in the parish. Wychavon District Council then makes the final decision, taking into account our views along with the planning rules and regulations.
Where do Parish Councils get their funding?
- Each year the council raises a ‘precept’ on council tax payers to cover the cost of running expenses.
- By applying for project-specific grants (for example Lottery funding, Lengthsman Scheme, Local Authority grants).
- Via the levy imposed on some types of building development (known as Section 106 funding). This money can only be spent on specific projects as set out in each planning agreement.
Latest News Items
Parish Clerk Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer Dodderhill Parish Council – Droitwich WR9 7PU Vacancy Details for Parish Council Clerk can be found on the Indeed Website Closing Date 14th December 2020
November Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council. I hereby give notice of an Ordinary Parish Council Meeting of DODDERHILL PARISH COUNCIL which will be held on Zoom on MONDAY November 2nd 2020 starting at 7.30pm, to which Councillors are summoned for the transaction of the following business. Signed – Carole Hirst (Clerk and Responsible Finance […]
October Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council. I hereby give notice of an Ordinary Parish Council Meeting of DODDERHILL PARISH COUNCIL which will be held on Zoom on MONDAY October 5th 2020 starting at 7.30pm, to which Councillors are summoned for the transaction of the following business. Signed – Carole Hirst (Clerk and Responsible Finance […]
Extra Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council. I hereby give notice of an Extra-Ordinary Parish Council Meeting of DODDERHILL PARISH COUNCIL which will be held on Zoom on MONDAY 21st September 2020 starting at 7.30pm, to which Councillors are summoned for the transaction of the following business. Signed – Alyson Keane – Chairman of the […]
Statement from Dodderhill Parish Council Following community discussions on social media, Dodderhill Parish Council will hold a public meeting to discuss the Pump Track (and by extension the allotment gate and hedge). We currently are awaiting further information and once this has been received, we will publish the date of the meeting. Thank you, Cllr […]
Here 2 Help You! Find out more about Crowdfund Worcestershire at latest online event Has lockdown given you an idea of how you could improve things for your local community? If so, the County Council wants to hear from you. Charities, local organisations and individuals across the county are being encouraged to join an hour […]
Annual Residents’ Survey returns Residents are being encouraged to share their views on a variety of different topics as part of Wychavon’s Residents’ Survey. The annual questionnaire, which will run from 6 September to 4 October, will give people across the district an opportunity to say what they think of their local area and services. […]
Dodderhill Parish Council has postponed its Parish Council meeting scheduled for Monday 7th September at 7.30pm via Zoom. This will be re-scheduled as soon as is practicable, later in the month. The Parish Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause. Carole Hirst Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer