Village Hall Refurbishment and Recreation Ground Enhancements 2020 The community of Dodderhill Parish has the opportunity to apply for up to £300,000 to refurbish Wychbold Village Hall in School Road and up to £40,000 to make improvements to the Wychbold Recreation Ground. · Investing in the Hall for the future · Eco friendly improvements to […]
Website for Dodderhill Parish Council
The parish council usually meet at 7:30pm on the 2nd Tuesday of every month (NB please check the time on the Agenda for the meeting you wish to attend). Everyone is welcome to attend and listen to the proceedings. There is a public open session at each meeting to allow members of the public to question the council and this is followed by formal council business.
There are thirteen voluntary councillors and one professional Parish Clerk. If a vacancy occurs on the council then it is normally advertised via the notice boards, website and magazine. If you would like to join and help build our community please come along to a meeting or contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
What does Dodderhill Parish Council do?
Dodderhill Parish Council is a small local authority that represents the first level of local government. As it is the authority closest to the people, parish councils are invariably the first place people will go with concerns or ideas and for this reason they are a vital part of any community.
Parish councils have a wide range of powers, duties and responsibilities which are essentially related to local matters. Here are just some of Dodderhill Parish Council’s responsibilities:
- Owns and maintains the playing fields and open space around Wychbold Village Hall, including the children’s play area and multi-use games court.
- Owns Wychbold Village Hall.
- Provides and maintains the bus shelters and litter/dog waste bins.
- Employs a Lengthsman, as part of the County Council Lengthsman Scheme, to carry out extra maintenance around the village. This may include the cleaning of signs, clearing of drains and removal of vegetation from public areas and footpaths.
- Comments on all planning applications in the parish. Wychavon District Council then makes the final decision, taking into account our views along with the planning rules and regulations.
Where do Parish Councils get their funding?
- Each year the council raises a ‘precept’ on council tax payers to cover the cost of running expenses.
- By applying for project-specific grants (for example Lottery funding, Lengthsman Scheme, Local Authority grants).
- Via the levy imposed on some types of building development (known as Section 106 funding). This money can only be spent on specific projects as set out in each planning agreement.
Latest News Items
NOTICE The meeting of the Parish Council scheduled for Monday 2nd September 2019 at Wychbold Village Hall has been cancelled due to illness. Parish Clerk 22.08.19
The Parish Council are drawing up an Approved List of contractors to undertake a variety of works within the Parish. If any local company or tradesperson wishes to be considered for the list, please contact the Parish Clerk with your details together with a copy of your health & safety policy, your public liability insurance […]
Fancy a little green fingered relaxation and growing your very own fruit and veg? There are vacant plots at the Wychbold Community Allotments at the Recreation Area off School Road, Wychbold. Plots start at just £10 per year for a small plot and is a great way to relax and become self sufficient! If you […]
The latest South Worcestershire Safer Neighbourhood Team Newsletter is available below: On the Beat South Worcestershire
A word from Cllr Peter Tomlinson, County Councillor for Dodderhill and Chairman of Worcestershire County Council A lot has happened since I sent out a note of what I had been up to since that nerve tingling Council meeting on May 16th. From the 25th of May until now I have had 38 engagements varying […]
The Worcestershire Passenger Transport Strategy is now available online. The Worcestershire County Council Passenger Transport Team have already been out to several locations across the county to engage with members of the public, schools, surgeries, hospitals and libraries to promote consultation of their Strategy. For more information including how to take part, see the links […]
A new page has been created on the DPC website in relation to the South Worcestershire Development Plan Review. Residents are encouraged to read the information via the links provided and use the interactive map to see how the Plan may affect Dodderhill parish and Wychbold in the future. The Plan is due to go […]
A Word From The Chairman, Dodderhill’s County Councillor As well as helping with problems you may have with County which I will always endeavour to sort out, I thought you might be interested to know what a Chairman of County gets up to in the meantime. On Thursday May 16th I was installed as Chairman […]