The Parish Council and Wychbold Village Hall Management Committee would like to hear the community’s ideas for improving the Village Hall. Funding is available from Wychavon District Council’s Legacy Fund and the Council and Village Hall Committee are working together on an application for a share of this money (up to £100,000) to make improvements […]
Website for Dodderhill Parish Council
The parish council usually meet at 7:30pm on the 2nd Tuesday of every month (NB please check the time on the Agenda for the meeting you wish to attend). Everyone is welcome to attend and listen to the proceedings. There is a public open session at each meeting to allow members of the public to question the council and this is followed by formal council business.
There are thirteen voluntary councillors and one professional Parish Clerk. If a vacancy occurs on the council then it is normally advertised via the notice boards, website and magazine. If you would like to join and help build our community please come along to a meeting or contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
What does Dodderhill Parish Council do?
Dodderhill Parish Council is a small local authority that represents the first level of local government. As it is the authority closest to the people, parish councils are invariably the first place people will go with concerns or ideas and for this reason they are a vital part of any community.
Parish councils have a wide range of powers, duties and responsibilities which are essentially related to local matters. Here are just some of Dodderhill Parish Council’s responsibilities:
- Owns and maintains the playing fields and open space around Wychbold Village Hall, including the children’s play area and multi-use games court.
- Owns Wychbold Village Hall.
- Provides and maintains the bus shelters and litter/dog waste bins.
- Employs a Lengthsman, as part of the County Council Lengthsman Scheme, to carry out extra maintenance around the village. This may include the cleaning of signs, clearing of drains and removal of vegetation from public areas and footpaths.
- Comments on all planning applications in the parish. Wychavon District Council then makes the final decision, taking into account our views along with the planning rules and regulations.
Where do Parish Councils get their funding?
- Each year the council raises a ‘precept’ on council tax payers to cover the cost of running expenses.
- By applying for project-specific grants (for example Lottery funding, Lengthsman Scheme, Local Authority grants).
- Via the levy imposed on some types of building development (known as Section 106 funding). This money can only be spent on specific projects as set out in each planning agreement.
Latest News Items
The Parish Council’s Summer 2019 Newsletter is now available for download. You can also find copies of the Newsletter at locations around the parish. Summer Newsletter Page 1 Summer Newsletter Page 2
NOTICE OF MEETING TO ALL LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTORS REGISTERED FOR THE PARISH OF DODDERHILL THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY 14th MAY 2019 at 7.00pm AT WYCHBOLD VILLAGE HALL, SCHOOL ROAD, WYCHBOLD AGENDA 1. Welcome by the Chairman of the Council 2. Apologies for Absence 3. Minutes of the previous Parish […]
The Parish Council hope you have been enjoying the pop up café at the Village Hall, being run by Cllr Maureen Addy and her husband Bob. They have both give their time freely to run the café, so pop down and say hello! It is open between 11am to 4pm on Thursday 25th, Friday 26th […]
The Council’s contractor, Sutcliffe Play Ltd, will begin work on the new pathways around the recreation ground on Tuesday 23rd April. The paths will be gravel and provide a circular route around the recreation ground. The work will start at the top of the field, away from the play equipment, until the holidays have finished. […]
NOTICE OF UNCONTESTED ELECTION Wychavon Election of Parish Councillors for Dodderhill on Thursday 2 May 2019 I, being the Returning Officer at the above election, report that the persons whose names appear below were duly elected Parish Councillors for Dodderhill. Name of Candidate and Home Address ADDY, Maureen 3 School Road, Wychbold, Droitwich, Worcester, WR9 […]
PUBLIC NOTICE ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14 (AS AMENDED) WORCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL NOTICE OF THE CLOSURE OF CHEQUERS LANE, DODDERHILL, WORCESTERSHIRE (“THE HIGHWAY”) Reason for restriction: Drainage Work / Flood Alleviation. There is a need to close the highway in the following terms:- The effect of this Notice is that no vehicle […]
Dodderhill Parish Council have agreed to increase their share of the Council Tax by 35% to £49.47 per year for a Band D taxpayer. This sounds like a lot, but in real terms is just a 25p per week increase to allow the Council to insure and maintain the fabulous new facilities at the recreation […]
Help Keep Dodderhill and Wychbold Litter Free! Dodderhill Parish Council and McDonalds (Wychbold) have joined forces to participate in Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British Spring Clean! The date for our event will be the weekend of Sat and Sun 13th/14th April 2019 You are invited to join us as a volunteer at the event by […]