INVITATION TO ALL RESIDENTS In association with the Worcestershire Association of Local Councils, Dodderhill Parish Council would like to invite you to join us to learn more about how the Parish Council is run on behalf of the residents of Wychbold and the wider parish of Dodderhill. SATURDAY, 30 NOVEMBER 2019 In the Village Hall, […]
Website for Dodderhill Parish Council
The parish council usually meet at 7:30pm on the 1st Monday of every month at Wychbold Village Hall (NB please check the time on the Agenda for the meeting you wish to attend). Everyone is welcome to attend and listen to the proceedings. There is a public open session at each meeting to allow members of the public to question the council and this is followed by formal council business.
There are thirteen voluntary councillors and one professional Parish Clerk. If a vacancy occurs on the council then it is normally advertised via the notice boards, website and magazine. If you would like to join and help build our community please come along to a meeting or contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
What does Dodderhill Parish Council do?
Dodderhill Parish Council is a small local authority that represents the first level of local government. As it is the authority closest to the people, parish councils are invariably the first place people will go with concerns or ideas and for this reason they are a vital part of any community.
Parish councils have a wide range of powers, duties and responsibilities which are essentially related to local matters. Here are just some of Dodderhill Parish Council’s responsibilities:
- Owns and maintains the playing fields and open space around Wychbold Village Hall, including the children’s play area and multi-use games court.
- Owns Wychbold Village Hall.
- Provides and maintains the bus shelters and litter/dog waste bins.
- Employs a Lengthsman, as part of the County Council Lengthsman Scheme, to carry out extra maintenance around the village. This may include the cleaning of signs, clearing of drains and removal of vegetation from public areas and footpaths.
- Comments on all planning applications in the parish. Wychavon District Council then makes the final decision, taking into account our views along with the planning rules and regulations.
Where do Parish Councils get their funding?
- Each year the council raises a ‘precept’ on council tax payers to cover the cost of running expenses.
- By applying for project-specific grants (for example Lottery funding, Lengthsman Scheme, Local Authority grants).
- Via the levy imposed on some types of building development (known as Section 106 funding). This money can only be spent on specific projects as set out in each planning agreement.
Latest News Items
The Councils providing services in Wychbold and Dodderhill will be on hand to answer questions, provide information and discuss any concerns residents may have at an event in Wychbold Village Hall. The event will take place on Monday 30th September 2019 at 6.30pm. Representatives from Worcestershire County Council, Wychavon District Council and Dodderhill Parish Council […]
Village Hall and Open Space Funding Update By now or in the next few days you will receive a pack containing details of the new and exciting plans the Parish Council have to give the community a Village Hall to serve the whole of the community in the future and to further improve the […]
The car park at the Recreation Ground off School Road will be closed from Wednesday to Friday this week for maintenance work. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Please see below communication received from Worcestershire Wildlife Trust: I am a Reserve Officer for Worcestershire Wildlife Trust and, out of courtesy, just wanted to let you know about some work we have planned in your area. We own and manage Piper’s Hill Common SSSI (also known as Dodderhill Common and Hanbury Woods), which you […]
Village Hall Refurbishment and Recreation Ground Enhancements 2020 The community of Dodderhill Parish has the opportunity to apply for up to £300,000 to refurbish Wychbold Village Hall in School Road and up to £40,000 to make improvements to the Wychbold Recreation Ground. · Investing in the Hall for the future · Eco friendly improvements to […]
NOTICE The meeting of the Parish Council scheduled for Monday 2nd September 2019 at Wychbold Village Hall has been cancelled due to illness. Parish Clerk 22.08.19
The Parish Council are drawing up an Approved List of contractors to undertake a variety of works within the Parish. If any local company or tradesperson wishes to be considered for the list, please contact the Parish Clerk with your details together with a copy of your health & safety policy, your public liability insurance […]
Fancy a little green fingered relaxation and growing your very own fruit and veg? There are vacant plots at the Wychbold Community Allotments at the Recreation Area off School Road, Wychbold. Plots start at just £10 per year for a small plot and is a great way to relax and become self sufficient! If you […]