There are two vacancies for Dodderhill Parish Council to be considered at the forthcoming elections on May 6th 2021
Website for Dodderhill Parish Council
The parish council usually meet at 7:30pm on the 2nd Tuesday of every month (NB please check the time on the Agenda for the meeting you wish to attend). Everyone is welcome to attend and listen to the proceedings. There is a public open session at each meeting to allow members of the public to question the council and this is followed by formal council business.
There are thirteen voluntary councillors and one professional Parish Clerk. If a vacancy occurs on the council then it is normally advertised via the notice boards, website and magazine. If you would like to join and help build our community please come along to a meeting or contact the Parish Clerk for further details.
What does Dodderhill Parish Council do?
Dodderhill Parish Council is a small local authority that represents the first level of local government. As it is the authority closest to the people, parish councils are invariably the first place people will go with concerns or ideas and for this reason they are a vital part of any community.
Parish councils have a wide range of powers, duties and responsibilities which are essentially related to local matters. Here are just some of Dodderhill Parish Council’s responsibilities:
- Owns and maintains the playing fields and open space around Wychbold Village Hall, including the children’s play area and multi-use games court.
- Owns Wychbold Village Hall.
- Provides and maintains the bus shelters and litter/dog waste bins.
- Employs a Lengthsman, as part of the County Council Lengthsman Scheme, to carry out extra maintenance around the village. This may include the cleaning of signs, clearing of drains and removal of vegetation from public areas and footpaths.
- Comments on all planning applications in the parish. Wychavon District Council then makes the final decision, taking into account our views along with the planning rules and regulations.
Where do Parish Councils get their funding?
- Each year the council raises a ‘precept’ on council tax payers to cover the cost of running expenses.
- By applying for project-specific grants (for example Lottery funding, Lengthsman Scheme, Local Authority grants).
- Via the levy imposed on some types of building development (known as Section 106 funding). This money can only be spent on specific projects as set out in each planning agreement.
Latest News Items
Wednesday 3rd March 7:30pm Zoom
Meeting Cancelled – now 3rd March 2021 @ 7:30pm
Hi there, You are invited to a Zoom meeting. When: Mar 10, 2021 07:30 PM London Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvf-iuqj4tHdRsPPMyR6lk8lUXua4bBin7 After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Hi there, You are invited to a Zoom meeting. When: Feb 18, 2021 07:30 PM London Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEtcuqvrjkpHNeKE2UsqbaWc2itji9n8hzA After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Hi there, You are invited to a Zoom meeting. When: Feb 17, 2021 07:30 PM London Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrdOCpqjosGdDD2eFOO4oATRZScqizpf6u After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Hi there, You are invited to a Zoom meeting. When: Feb 11, 2021 07:30 PM London Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAsdu-vqjkiG9H6dZ9sWqe1Bo1_WgdqmKOf After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Email Address for Correspondence about the Project The Survey is now open: Survey Link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=tF_xCic1R0SzTCxk1o0hKEBlALFXRz9BhKPe2dTOIblUNkFSVFlaTzU5U1dCN1o0RUtNMEZTUVIzUy4u Fill | Community Consultation – Legacy Grant & Nature Networks Application Grant application for provision of wildlife corridors, orchard improvement and community petanque court up at Wychbold Recreational Area. Email Address: forms.office.com