Dodderhill is civil parish, near Droitwich, Worcestershire, England, located on the River Salwarpe. The parish is bisected by the M5 motorway, constructed in 1962. It is home to the Droitwich transmitting station in Wychbold. One of the earliest mentions of Dodderhill is of the Saxon Royal Palace recorded in the Saxon Charter of AD 692. There was once a Roman fort and later an Anglo-Saxon church. The parish church of St. Augustine’s, is on the hill overlooking Droitwich Spa, it was completed in 1220 and rebuilt in the 18th century.
Further information on the history of the parish can be found on the Dodderhill Parish Survey Project.
|Dodderhill Parish Plan|